Tri-State Advertising & Marketing Professionals Scholarship Criteria
Annually, students from the Cape Girardeau/Paducah/Harrisburg area are eligible for a $500 scholarship from Tri-State Advertising & Marketing Professionals (AMP). Students from the following schools seeking a degree in marketing, advertising, public relations, mass communications, graphic design, radio/television production or a related field are eligible to apply for the scholarship:
- Southeast Missouri State University
- Mineral Area College
- Three Rivers Community College
- Murray State University
- Southern Illinois University – Carbondale
Students from eligible schools must also meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Complete a minimum of 30 hours of college credit
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (cumulative and major courses). Most recent transcript must be submitted with application
- Currently accepted and enrolled in an approved program of study in marketing, advertising, public relations, mass communications, graphic design, radio/television production or related field
- Active member of the college or university’s official club in one of the previous areas. Special consideration will be given to students displaying leadership in the club.
- Submit an essay of 50-100 words explaining his or her career aspirations in communications.
- Provide three examples of work (done in class or out of class, marked as such)
- Provide three academic references (professors, advisors, etc.)
Tri-State AMP will select the scholarship recipient. This scholarship is for $500, awarded annually. A maximum of three scholarships will be awarded annually. Deadline to apply is May 31, 2013.
Mail completed application and all supplementary materials to:Scholarship Committee Tri-State AMP P.O. Box 541 Cape Girardeau, MO 63701–0541 email@example.com