Late yesterday or last night, the SENATE VOTED for a 4 TRILLION BUDGET BILL for the next fiscal year. This bill will now go to the HOUSE for their vote.
The significance of this action is that it “tees up” the TAX REFORM ACT as the next major item on the agenda.
They have about 21-25 total working days left for deliberations before their long holiday recess takes place and the intent of those supporting the TAX REFORM ACT is to have that bill voted up or down by Thanksgiving.
There is no more time to wait to make contacts before commitments and agreements are made by Senators on their vote on the TAX REFORM BILL since they now have dealt with the Budget bill.
I hope this helps you update and keep the message current and relevant to the change of status of the movement of the TAX REFORM BILL to front and center of the SENATE deliberations with HOUSE close behind.
HERE IS A LIST OF THE CONTACT INFO TO THE OFFICES OF OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS:
- Representative Jason Smith at 202.225.4404; jasonsmith.house.gov
- Cape Office: 2502 Tanner Drive, Suite 208, Cape Girardeau; Ph. #:573.334.7044
- Senator Roy Blunt at 202.224.5721; blunt.senate.gov
- Cape Office: 2502 Tanner Drive, Suite 208, Cape Girardeau; Ph. #: 573.335.0101
- Claire McCaskill at 202.224.6154; mccaskill.senate.gov
- Cape Office: 555 Independence St., Room 1600, Cape Girardeau; Ph. #573.651.0964